Lake Metroparks offers convenient Christmas tree recycling drop off locations throughout Lake County. Please remove all decorations before placing trees in designated bins. Trees are chipped and the chips then composted or used as mulch within Lake Metroparks.
Tree bins are available at the parks listed below beginning mid-December and will be removed about January 15. Click on the park name for park information, including driving directions:
Lake Metroparks collaborates with other county agencies to collectively increase the amount of materials currently recycled in our community to equal previous levels, and then surpass that to set new records for materials recycled within Lake County.
Lake Metroparks has 22 locations where recycle bins are available for the convenience of visitors to use to deposit cans, bottles and approved plastic.
- Chagrin River Park - shelter at Reeves Rd. entrance
- Chagrin River Park - shelter at Rural Dr. entrance
- Chapin Forest - shelter at Hobart Rd. entrance
- Chapin Forest - Quarry shelter (Rt. 306 entrance)
- Chapin Forest - Forest shelter (Rt. 306 entrance)
- Chapin Forest - Ledges shelter (Rt. 306 entrance)
- Concord Woods Nature Park - shelter
- Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park
- Helen Hazen Wyman - shelter
- Girdled Road Reservation - shelter at south entrance
- Gully Brook Park - shelter
- Hidden Valley - shelter
- Hogback Ridge - shelter
- Lakefront Lodge
- Lakeshore Reservation - Lake View shelter
- Lakeshore Reservation - Shadyside shelter
- Painesville Township Park
- Penitentiary Glen - shelter
- Penitentiary Glen - kiosk
- Riverview - shelter
- Veterans Park - shelter
Everyone in the community can help save landfill space, clean up the environment, and earn money for Lake Metroparks by taking recyclable paper to Abitibi Paper Retrievers located in the following Lake Metroparks:
Lake Metroparks Administrative Offices
11211 Spear Rd., Concord Township
Lake Metroparks Farmpark
8800 Chardon Rd, Kirtland
Penitentiary Glen Nature Center
8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd., Kirtland
5740 Hopkins Rd, Mentor
The Lake County Solid Waste District, the Lake County Commissioners, and the Lake County Department of Utilities provide "special recycling collections" of computer items, scrap tires and household hazardous waste. For a schedule with details, click here or call 440-350-2582.
Please note: These special collections are for Lake County residents only.