Printer Friendly Version
Have fun with astronomy while looking up into the sky at the annual Super Star Party. It’s a celebration of astronomical proportions! Stargazers of all ages can catch a good view of the Perseid Meteor Shower. Also, see the moon, planets, stars, and solar system with telescopes and expert guidance provided by the Chagrin Valley Astronomical Society (weather permitting).
Jay Reynolds, a research astronomer at Cleveland State University is the featured presenter for the evening. Reynolds is a former member of the NASA Glenn Research Speakers Bureau and is a regular contributor to radio & television stations in the Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown and Toledo markets. FOX 8 News refers to him as our area’s most visible scientist
All aboard for a ride on a miniature steam engine as you take the “Red Light Express Train Ride”. Trains are provided by the Lake Shore Live Steamers and ride times are selected at registration. Train rides are weather permitting.
- See a genuine piece of the moon brought back by Apollo astronauts!
- Explore backyard astronomy in our indoor inflatable StarLab planetarium
- Enjoy a collection of space memorabilia
- Face painting: glow-in-the-dark stars
- Recent findings about asteroids presented by research astronomer Jay Reynolds
- Assemble your own mini-satellite (craft)
- Play glow-in-the-dark lawn games
- Step out on Naturalist-led hikes
- Enjoy live wild animal shows
- Meet wildlife ambassadors in the Wildlife Center Yard
- Space-themed merchandise for sale at The Nature Store
- Popcorn, soda and refreshments available for purchase
The Super Star Party runs rain or shine.
Advanced-registration is required to attend the Super Star Party.
Adults and children ages two and older: $5
Children younger than 2: free.
All participants will receive a glow necklace indicating your train time ride. Event runs from 8 pm to midnight. Train ride time slot is selected at time of registration. Program runs rain or shine.
Register online or call the Registration Department at (440) 358-7275 or
Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located at 8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd in Kirtland.
Take I-90 to Rt. 306 south for about one mile. Turn left onto Rt. 615. Turn right (east) onto Kirtland-Chardon Road and continue for two miles. Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located on the right (south) side of the road.
Discount Drug Mart