Printer Friendly Version
Swim 500 meters in Lake Erie. Start in water. Depth of water approximately 6 feet. Wet suits are permitted. No floatation devices. Lifeguards are on duty. For safety reasons, tired swimmers may stop, touch bottom (if able) and resume swimming when ready.
Kayak or stand-up paddleboard in Lake Erie. Start on the beach west of the swim course. Paddle north 100 meters, then east parallel to the swim course. Turn around and return to the beach at the same location they departed from. Course is approximately two kilometers.
Bike 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) out and back on route of paved roads. Start from Fairport Beach, travel east through Painesville Township and return on same roads. Bicycle helmets required! Route marked with directional arrows on roads. Local law enforcement will attempt to hold traffic at all intersections, however, racers should adhere to traffic laws and race cautiously.
Run 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) on paved roads marked with directional arrows. Run with traffic. Always look both ways when crossing intersections and making turns. Entire course is within Fairport Village limits. Traffic will be controlled at critical intersections. Runners re-enter the beach through East Street access. Last 0.25 mile is not paved, but on hard-packed dirt/sand.
Triathlon bike/run route
Fees & Registration
Registered July 1 – 22 (midnight):
$30 per person / $50 per team
NO SAME-DAY REGISTRATION
- Pre-register online at lakemetroparks.com or by calling
800-669-9226 between 8 am and 4:30 pm.
- Click here to download printable registration form.
- On-site packet pickup will be completed at the finish tent on Saturday, July 27, 9 am to noon.
Please wait for the official flyer and registration form to load.
- Kayak triathletes and kayak teams start in one wave at 8 am.
- Kayakers must bring their own equipment. PFDs must be worn at all times.
- All kayaks compete together regardless of boat type.
Triathletes will start in waves:
- males ages 34 & younger 8:05 am
- males ages 35 & older 8:10 am
- females ages 34 & younger and all teams 8:15 am
- females ages 35 & older 8:20 am
Bib Number must be worn on the front of each participant while cycling and running. Bib number will also be written on the right arm bicep. Racer’s age will be written on right calf.
Transition Area is located in the field below the amphitheater. A limited number of bike racks are provided. Only racers will be permitted in the transition area during the race. All bikes must be walked or run into the transition area.
Timing: Splits are not guaranteed. Results will be posted online.
All Teams: Can consist of two or three people. Coed teams compete in the Men’s Team category. All tags are performed inside transition area by the bike racks.
- All participants must sign a Lake Metroparks waiver.
- ANSI/Snell bicycle helmet must be worn while riding bicycle.
- Roads are active during race; they are not closed.
- No headphones permitted during any stage of the race.
- Staffed water stops provided in transition area and on running course.
- This is a people race. Please leave your pets at home.
- No glass containers permitted on the beach or parking lot
Take Rt. 2 to the Fairport Harbor/ Richmond Street exit and go north to the light at the Richmond Street/Rt. 283 intersection. Proceed north (straight) for about 1/4 mile to High Street. Turn right on High Street and proceed to Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park entrance.
Back to top
Discount Drug Mart
University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center
Great Harvest Bread Company
J's Pizza Market
The Bicycle Hub
Northeast Runners Club
Triathlon - biker on course