Printer Friendly Version
Looking for a naturally-fun family experience when the children are out of school Monday on spring break? Lake Metroparks invites you to come to the Nature Center at Penitentiary Glen Reservation in Kirtland for a “Fun Day” on Monday, April 1 (No fooling.). Enjoy a day complete with free nature activities for the whole family. Hours are 10 am to 4 pm.
- Spring Babies scavenger hunt
- Tell-A-Tale Tattoos (face painting)
- Animal Encounters from the Wildlife Center
- Outdoor Spring Quest
- Simple to complete nature craft
- X-Plorer packs filled with hands-on seasonal activities
- A campfire complete with s'mores.
- And much more!
- Discover the sights and sounds of wildlife at the interactive Nature Calls exhibit.
- Watch and listen to birds and other wildlife through the award-winning "Window on Wildlife.”
- Visit indoor and outdoor native Ohio wildlife ambassadors at the Wildlife Center.
- Take a hike on more than 8.5 miles of trails
- Take home a gift from The Nature Store – your headquarters for bird feeders, t-shirts, field guides, toys, and children’s books.
Free admission for all ages!
Take I-90 to Rt. 306 south for about one mile. Turn left onto Rt. 615. Turn right (east) onto Kirtland-Chardon Road and continue for two miles. Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located on the right (south) side of the road.
Discount Drug Mart
More Lake Metroparks events