Printer Friendly Version
It's like a double scoop of your favorite ice cream. Lake Metroparks Farmpark is serving up TWO Ice Cream Weekends. Try your hand at making ice cream and discover the dairy cows that produce milk and cream. Find out where your favorite ice cream flavor comes from. Follow the way ice cream comes from farm to shelf with hands-on activities in
the Factory of Frozen Fun.
- Make ice cream
- Test your skill at milking a cow
- Discover the history of ice cream
- Find all-natural ice cream flavors
in the garden and greenhouse
- Kids crafts
- Farmpark's daily activities
- Pony Rides ($4)
Enjoy an ice cream social with Pierre's ice cream complete with toppings, compliments of Smuckers.
Sundaes are $1 to support Farmpark education programs.
Open July 13 - September 2
- Milk a cow
- Watch as cream is separated
- Mix the elements of ice cream
- Add your favorite flavors
- Fill the ice cream containers
- Stack the pallet high
- Load the ice cream truck and be the driver
- Ages 2 - 11, $4
- Ages 60+, $5
- Ages 12 - 59, $6
- Children younger than 2, Free
- Farmpark members, Free
Lake Metroparks Farmpark
Take I-90 to the Rt. 306 exit. Head south on Route 306 five miles to Chardon Road (Route 6), turn left on Route 6, and head east one mile. Entrance to Farmpark is on the right.
J. M. Smuckers
More Lake Metroparks events