Printer Friendly Version
Lake Metroparks Farmpark is serving up lots of frozen fun during the month of July. Try your hand at making ice cream and discover the dairy cows that produce milk and cream. Find out where your favorite ice cream flavor comes from. Kids have fun discovering hands-on how ice cream comes from farm to shelf in
the Factory of Frozen Fun
(open Tuesdays through Sundays through August 31).
Every weekend in July, we'll be dishing out scrumptious Pierre's Ice Cream at an ice cream social complete with toppings from Smucker's.
- Make ice cream
- Test your skill at milking a cow
- Discover the history of ice cream
- Find all-natural ice cream flavors
in the garden and greenhouse
- Kids crafts
- Farmpark's daily activities
- Pony Rides ($4)
Enjoy an ice cream social with Pierre's ice cream complete with toppings, compliments of Smuckers.
Sundaes are $1 to support Farmpark education programs.
The Factory of Frozen FunOpen Tuesdays through Sundays through August 31 • 9 am to 5 pm
- Plant your favorite ice cream flavor seeds in the farmer’s field
- Explore a giant cream separator
- Discover different types of sugar available
- Play games in the milking station and play dairy-related games and learn which ingredients are used to make ice cream
- Go to the Flavor Station to add your favorite flavors
- Mix the ingredients together at the Mixing Station
- Release the mixed ingredients into ice cream containers
- Keep the ice cream from melting in a temperature controlled freezer
- Gather ice cream containers and load them into the ice cream truck
- Ages 2 - 11, $4
- Ages 60+, $5
- Ages 12 - 59, $6
- Children younger than 2, Free
- Farmpark members, Free
Lake Metroparks Farmpark
Take I-90 to the Rt. 306 exit. Head south on Route 306 five miles to Chardon Road (Route 6), turn left on Route 6, and head east one mile. Entrance to Farmpark is on the right.
J. M. Smuckers
More Lake Metroparks events