Printer Friendly Version
It's like a double scoop of your favorite ice cream. Lake Metroparks Farmpark is serving up a second Ice Cream Weekend this weekend. Try your hand at making ice cream and discover the dairy cows that produce milk and cream. Find out where your favorite ice cream flavor comes from. Follow the way ice cream comes from farm to shelf with hands-on activities in
the Factory of Frozen Fun.
- Make ice cream
- Test your skill at milking a cow
- Discover the history of ice cream
- Find all-natural ice cream flavors
in the garden and greenhouse
- Kids crafts
- Farmpark's daily activities
- Pony Rides ($4)
Schedule of events
Enjoy an ice cream social with Pierre's ice cream complete with toppings, compliments of Smuckers.
Sundaes are $1 to support Farmpark education programs.
Open July 13 - September 2
- Explore the milking station and play dairy-related games and learn which ingredients are used to make ice cream and mix them together
- Go to the Flavor Station to add your favorite flavors
- Mix the ingredients together at the Mixing Station
- Release the mixed ingredients into ice cream containers
- Keep the ice cream from melting in a temperature controlled freezer
- Gather ice cream containers and load them into the ice cream truck
- Ages 2 - 11, $4
- Ages 60+, $5
- Ages 12 - 59, $6
- Children younger than 2, Free
- Farmpark members, Free
Lake Metroparks Farmpark
Take I-90 to the Rt. 306 exit. Head south on Route 306 five miles to Chardon Road (Route 6), turn left on Route 6, and head east one mile. Entrance to Farmpark is on the right.
J. M. Smuckers
More Lake Metroparks events