Printer Friendly Version
On the first Day of Winter, the season gave to me,
the snow falling on a pine tree.
On the second Day of Winter, the season gave to me...
So, sing and play along on the indoor winter wonderland at Penitentiary Glen Reservation. Get in the action of The Wild Days of Winter on a life-sized game board guided by the familiar holiday song, “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”
Discover through interactive play the many things that nature gives to us in winter as you take your turn and move along from space to space.
Reminisce with your family and friends about your favorite childhood board games through an exhibit of classic games from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s. In addition, a craft, activity pages and scavenger hunts are fun for the whole family. Relax in Snowshoe Lodge with a hot beverage and enjoy holiday shopping at The Nature Store, naturally!
Click here to post your thoughts about the exhibit on our interactive WallWisher board.
Join us on Saturday afternoons from 1 to 3 pm for special, free activities.
November 23 -- Book Signing:
Cleveland Christmas Memories
November 30 -- Campfire and S'mores
December 7 -- Trains
December 14 -- Face Painting
December 21 -- Wildlife Day!
December 28 -- “Win"ter Prize Day
January 4 -- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Day
Continue your adventure with hands-on activities both indoors and out.
- Challenge your family to embark on a scavenger hunt that explores nature in winter.
- Visit the Wildlife Center to learn about and meet native Ohio wildlife. Make this year’s gift a wild one! The “Adopt an Animal” program provides a unique, thoughtful gift idea that helps to cover the cost of care!
- Discover the sights and sounds of wildlife as you check out the Nature Calls interactive computer kiosk while enjoying the wildlife at the many bird feeders in Penitentiary Glen Nature Center’s award winning Window on Wildlife.
- Enjoy the many other interactive exhibits and displays including the more than seven miles of hiking trails open year round at Penitentiary Glen Reservation.
- Go for an adventurous walk on the Peppermint Trail on snowshoes; rentals available for adults ($3/hr or $12/day) and children ($1.50/hr or $6/day), as weather permits.
Admission is FREE for all ages.
8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd
Kirtland, OH 44094
Take I-90 to Rt. 306 south for about one mile. Turn left onto Rt. 615. Turn right (east) onto Kirtland-Chardon Road and continue for two miles. Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located on the right (south) side of the road.
1330 AM WELW
More Lake Metroparks events